Over the last weekend I have been doing a little experimenting with various products from a lovely company named Olive Branch. Olive Branch is an award winning family run company who produce a range of popular products including their own Olive Oil, Greek Mezze and Chunky Olive tapenade to name a few. More information about the company and where you can buy their products can be found here.
Below is the first recipe i came up with using Olive Branch’s flavourful Orange Balsamic Dressing. The dressing itself is light, fruity and pairs excellently with duck.
Duck, Plum and Goats Cheese Salad
2 Duck breasts (skin on)
2 tblsp All purpose seasoning
½ tsp Sea salt
1 tsp Black pepper
Olive Branch’s Orange Balsamic dressing
3 Radishes, thinly sliced
2 ripe plums, cut in to quarters
1 Large handful of rocket
50g soft French Goats cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Season the duck breasts with the all purpose seasoning, pepper, sea salt, honey and the orange balsamic dressing. Rub all over until evenly covered.
- Heat up a griddle pan and place the duck breasts in skin side down. Cook for around 2-3 mins on each side.
- Place the breasts into an oven proof dish and roast for around 15-17 mins.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach and rocket onto a plate of your choice.
- Lightly grill he plum quarters in the griddle pan on a medium heat until slightly charred. Once charred place the plums attractively around the edge pf the rocket and spinach, leaving room in the middle of the salad for the cooked duck.
- Add the sliced radishes to the salad near to the plums.
- Once the duck is finished transfer to a chopping board and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Spoon small dollops of the goats cheese around each of the salads.
- Slice the duck thinly and place attractively in the middle of the salad.
- Finally dress the salad with more orange balsamic dressing.
Mrs Be x