As I said in my previous post, I have been developing some recipes using products from a lovely company named Olive Branch. More information about the company and their products can be found here.
This is a really quick recipe which would be ideal as a starter or for a light lunch. I used Olive Branch’s Sweet Olive, Fig and Almond relish which is sweet and sticky. The relish is quite versatile as it pairs well with cheese but could easily be spooned over a bowl of ice cream.
Goats Cheese Pastries
250g Puff Pastry
200g goats cheese
Olive Branch’s Sweet olive, fig and almond relish
Makes 3 Pastries
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry until it is around 10mm thick. Cut into 3 equally sized rectangles.
- Spoon some of the relish onto each of the rectangles and spread out being careful to leave a 1.5cm gap around each edge.
- Slice the goats cheese into thin rings and place on top of the relish.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 mins or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and transfer to a plate. Sprinkle a little rocket on top of each pastry and serve.
Mrs Be x